Saturday, February 1, 2014

The International Market Place Goodbye


Goodbye to the International Market Place in Waikiki


My first post will discuss one of my favorite spots in Waikiki called the International Market Place. The Market place was a really cool spot to walk around at night and try awesome dishes like Garlic Lobster Tail and drink fresh Coconut Milk. It was also a nice spot for locals to sell their homemade products. Now the Market place is no longer and will be replaced by Saks of Fifth Avenue. This is the same thing that happened in Charleston, SC. After moving to Charleston I started to notice that all the cool local spots were being replaced by the big New York stores like Saks of Fifth Avenue. Anyway enough writing, posted below are some cool pics I took while chillin at the International Market Place in Waikiki. 



My beautiful Chica posing as a hula girl in the market.

Enjoying my favorite dish Garlic Shrimp and Lobster
 Tail with a Hawaiian Sun Drink.


Enjoying Fresh Coconut



Going Dancing at the International Market


Drinking Fresh Coconut




We will really miss this place and visiting Waikiki will never be the same without the Market Place. 



4 comments:

  1. I was so pissed when I saw this was closed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah that place was awesome! I update my blog and moved it to the following location

    http://robertemalone.blogspot.com/2014/02/good-bye-international-market-place.html

    ReplyDelete